To keep the Practice as safe as possible during this unusual pandemic we have diligently sourced the latest and best protective technologies and procedures from around the world: Switzerland, Germany, South Korea, USA, China and UK. In summary this comprises:
1) Our triage systems, coronavirus testing, infection prevention and risk management is built on best practice from private dentists and researchers in the UK and other countries who have successfully avoided infection risk while carrying out first class dentistry.
2) We check every patient is symptom-free and has not recently been exposed to known risky environments or infected people.
3) We test the temperature of team and patients every day on entry to identify and isolate any fever.
4) Rigorous and frequent handwashing practised and alcohol gel posted around the building
5) Common parts of the building which may be touched by patients are frequently and obsessively wiped at every opportunity by the clinical and reception team.
6) We have invested extensively in the following equipment, materials and methods:
a) The latest best rapid coronavirus equipment to test staff weekly (and test patients on request) for any trace of coronavirus. If a patient is in a more susceptible group we can test the relevant dental team for any trace of coronavirus SARS 2 in the 1-2 days before treatment. Any staff or patients who show symptoms or test positive are requested to leave the building promptly and self-isolate for the number of days required according to latest guidelines. Before being safely allowed back, anybody excluded will have to retest negative for coronavirus and be symptom-free for the required period before being allowed back into the building.
b) Latest HEPA high performance antivirus filter systems provide an added safety precaution to remove virus from the air from breathing or dental procedures.
c) Latest high-volume air suction/extraction from inside the mouth to remove any droplets or mist formed during essential dental procedures.
d) Best purpose-made PPE Personal Protective Equipment for dentists and staff
e) All uniform/clothing/scrubs beneath PPE washed every day at 60 deg C (or more often if required).
f) Dentists, nurses, hygiene and infection control cleaning staff use PPE gowns, aprons, hats, face-shields/eyewear, fitted respirator face masks and gloves in accordance with national guidelines
g) Patients are provided with disposable PPE masks, gloves on request
h) Protective screens in reception
i) Patients and Staff antiviral alcohol handwash dispensers in each room
j) Extended clear-periods between patients to allow cleaning and air-clearance before next patient and to reduce the number of patients per day
k) Extra nursing team to assist clinicians
In total this investment in the latest pandemic antiviral safe equipment, consumables and practices is substantial and equal to or better than top surgical theatre standards and far more meticulous than any public building, hospital, doctor’s surgery, shop, office, salon, restaurant, taxi, plane or train.
Many thanks all, let’s stay safe and healthy